Monday, September 13, 2010

Poetry is gr8

The thing that I have learned the most these past two weeks in poetry class is how much I actually like poetry. In the past, I always thought poetry “wasn’t cool” and was pretty girly. But now that I am studying it, I can see how truly amazing and fun it can be. The poem Mrs. Lewis gave me, “Why?” by James Stevenson, really opened my eyes. It showed me that even with only a few words, any message can be delivered in poetry. Once I started writing my own poetry, I decided to stick to a style, and now that I’ve written several different poems, I love it! Studying the poets like Tennyson and Browning have also inspired me to write more poetry. Poetry class really gives me the whole experience: learning about the great poets of the past while also getting a chance to express myself really makes poetry class my favorite of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment